About Address & Boundary
Address and Boundary datasets provide location information from individual premises up to national level. This data can be used to locate properties (geocoding), clean address lists and analysis. Address data includes additional attribution about the properties, and Boundary data can be used for thematic mapping.
- Address data can be used for precise geocoding with Esri UK’s LocatorHub software
- Geocoding to postcode level allows for precision location of your data
- Ensure high levels of data accuracy with address matching and verification
- Enables further analysis
- Allows for analysis at standard geographical levels, creating geographically comparable datasets
- Visualise your data thematically and look at hotspots
Address level data includes full address information at premise level for residential and commercial addresses. Address location typically contains the point location of each property and address attributes. Esri UK offer a range of ready-to-use data sets.
Postcode boundaries can be used for a range of applications including demographic analysis, thematic mapping, and sales territories. Postcode data is often used as the key geography to ‘link’ other non-spatial data such as demographics and sales information.
Postcode unit points can be used for geocoding at postcode level, and examining statistical information, such as crime or population data. Postcode data is often used as the key geography to ‘link’ other non-spatial data such as demographics and sales information.
Administrative Boundary data covers all geography levels, from micro-geography such as Census Output Areas, up to National and International boundaries. Frequently used by Governments, this data is ideal for thematic mapping of official datasets.
OS CodePoint Locator
OS AddressBase Locator
OS 1:50,000 Locator