We are looking for a Technical Support Analyst on a 12 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave and work as part of this dynamic, motivated and friendly team. We are looking for a GIS expert with an excellent knowledge of ArcGIS for Server, and related products and technologies. Knowledge of wider IT infrastructure and/or the latest developer technologies would be advantageous.
The role provides opportunities to work with the latest Esri technology and interact with a wide variety of customers across a range of industries including environment, government, utilities, insurance and retail. You will be problem solving on a daily basis helping to diagnose and resolve a range of technical challenges, often at an Enterprise IT level. At all times you will be delivering a world-class customer service experience and helping to grow our ambitions around customer success.
The specific responsibilities of the role include:
• Respond to complex software and IT problems by proactively investigating root cause and then identifying workarounds and resolutions
• Work with key internal and external stakeholders to overcome technical challenges and promote the use of the ArcGIS platform
• Undertake research into the latest technology and IT trends and understand how this relates to Esri UK customers
• Maintain and develop an excellent understanding of the ArcGIS Platform and become the recognised subject matter expert in specific products and technologies
You will ideally be educated to degree level or above in Geography, GIS or a Computer Science related subject. It would be beneficial to have at least two years’ post graduate experience with Esri based technology, however we would consider applicants who have less experience.
You should also have:
• A good knowledge of the ArcGIS Platform and hands-on experience of our product portfolio including ArcGIS for Server
• An awareness of trends in the wider IT industry with an understanding of how they relate to Esri UK
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to think outside of the box when necessary
• The drive and motivation to work alone, but also the ability to participate as part of a wider team
• Effective and flexible time management with the ability to prioritise workload and deliver to deadlines
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
How to Apply
If you are interested in exploring the above opportunity in more depth, please email your letter of application and CV to email@example.com. Your letter of application should demonstrate how you fit this role based on your experience to date. Please include details of your current and expected salary package and give details of your availability both for interview and for employment if your application is successful.
No agencies please.