OS Mastermap Basemap information
Features & Benefits
High-resolution backdrop map data includes:
- a comprehensive range of features such as Roads, railways, vegetation, boundaries, urban Extent, buildings.
- Rich topographic data content, uncluttered and clean mapping
- A range of query-able fields
As one of a range of backdrop base map services developed by Esri UK, OS MasterMap® BaseMap is derived from enhanced vector versions of OS OpenData products Strategi, VectorMap® District and MasterMap®.
The OS MasterMap® Topography Layer in this service provides a highly detailed view of Great Britain's landscape including individual buildings, roads and areas of land. In total, it contains in excess of 400 million individual features.
You can use this product for example, to assess risk (financial or environmental) or to aid in the management of items that relate to geographical features such as pipelines.
Central Government, Defence, Education, Insurance, Local Government, Public Safety, Utilities, Private sector
Cached map service with selected queryable layers
ArcGIS Server 10 compact cache
10,000,000 - Strategi
5,000,000 - Strategi
2,500,000 - Strategi
1,000,000 - Strategi
500,000 - Strategi
250,000 - Strategi
100,000 - Strategi
75,000 - Strategi
50,000 - Strategi + VectorMap District
25,000 - VectorMap District
10,000 - VectorMap District
5,000 - VectorMap District
1:2,500 - OS MasterMap
1:1,250 - OS MasterMap
- Annotation:- TOID, Code, Version, Version Date, Theme, Change, Group, Term, Make, Text, Load Date
- Points:- TOID, Code, Version, Version Date, Theme, Change, Accuracy, Group, Term, Make, Load Date
- Lines: - TOID, Code, Version, Version Date, Theme, Change, Accuracy, Group, Term, Make, Load Date
- Area: - TOID, Code, Version, Version Date, Theme, Change, Accuracy, Group, Term, Make, Load Date
Coordinate Reference System
British National Grid (OSGB36)