Submitting authors will be notified of their abstract status in the spring.
Preparing for the Conference
All final presentation slides must be submitted by Wednesday, June 1, 2016 in order to be eligible to present in June. Only submissions that are actually presented will be published in the conference proceedings. If you have confidential material that is not authorized to be published, please email the UC Agenda Committee to coordinate an alternative way to submit your final presentation by Wednesday, June 1.
PowerPoint Slide Suggestions
- All PowerPoint presentations must use a 4:3 ratio.
- Use a minimum text size of 18 points to ensure readability in large conference rooms. Consider dividing content among additional slides as needed.
- Use high-contrast colors for text, graphics, and related formatting such as bullets and arrows. Avoid red, dark green, or black text on dark backgrounds. Recommended text colors for dark backgrounds are white, yellow, light green, or light blue.
- If you use animations, please limit them to a minimum and practice your presentation to become familiar with the progression.
- Please note that the upload limit size for proceedings is 25MB.
At the Conference
Step 1: Register. If you need to register or have a balance due, visit on-site registration in Hall D of the San Diego Convention Center. If you have already registered, visit badge pick-up area to receive your badge.
Step 2: Check in. Visit the Speaker Resource Center located at Room 33 B/C (Upper level, Bayside) to check in as a presenter and pick up your presenter ribbon.
|Speaker Resource Center – SDCC, Room 33 B/C (Upper Level, Bayside)
||1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Check In Desk Only)
||10:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Check In Desk)
12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Training/Practice Room)
||7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
||7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
||7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
The Speaker Resource Center will check you in as a presenter and provide assistance with any presentation questions throughout the week.
The services provided in this room include:
- Presentation coaching and feedback from Esri instructors
- Access to projectors, printers, computers, and presentation software
- Group meeting space or private work areas
|Presentation Skills Workshop - SDCC, Room 32 B
Learn techniques for building and delivering professional presentations including slide authoring, demo skills and public speaking fundamentals.
||12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
||7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m.
|12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
The Day of Your Presentation
- Make sure to bring your presentation on a flash drive or CD.
- Arrive at your session room 15 minutes early to setup and meet with your moderator.
Standard Equipment Provided in Presentation Rooms
- LCD projector
- One projection screen
- Lectern/Podium with stationary microphone
- Head table and chairs
- Erasable board or flip chart
Requesting/Renting Additional Equipment
If you would like to request or rent additional equipment, contact Speaker Services at least two hours before your session begins. Requests made less than two hours prior cannot be guaranteed.
Equipment that must be requested before the session:
- Extra erasable board or flip chart
- Overhead projector
Optional items that may be rented by the presenter:
- Lavaliere microphone (wireless)
- PC speakers
All presentation rooms in the San Diego Convention Center have Internet access through the session moderator's laptop. You may not use your own computer to access the Internet in session rooms. Do not plan to download any data for your presentation through this connection.
A wireless connection is provided for all Esri UC attendees. This can be accessed in general areas, session rooms, and meeting rooms. Presenters should not depend on the WiFi connection to access data for their presentation.