Oil and Gas: creating a more resilient and sustainable future
Location-based analysis is being used by oil and gas companies to manage uncertainty and shape a more resilient and sustainable future.
Today's Petroleum industry faces uncertainty in a number of forms:
- Operational and realisable hydrocarbon reserves
- A multiplicity of hostile operating environments worldwide
- Crude prices, new demand but volatility in traditional markets
- Product price turbulence, partly created by governments seeking new sources of tax revenue
- Unstable demand, economic uncertainty makes it more difficult to manage supply chains
- Need to protect shareholder value and avoid reputational risk
The Petroleum Industry
The industry’s reality is that:
- Operations take place in a variety of political, legal and commercial environments
- Process risks in exploration, construction and operation are being monitored more tightly
- Long-term projects offer low rates of return and revenue generation takes place in volatile markets
- The supply of experience skilled manpower is constrained. Productivity gains are needed from the current headcount
- But adversity also stimulates innovation.
Using location-based analysis
Many of our clients are using a combination of location-based analysis, process improvements and more effective data management to:
- Improve planning & analysis
- Streamline information sharing and decision making
- Drive improved operational efficiencies
- Enhance existing asset management capabilities
In each case geography and GIS is being used to manage uncertainty and to shape a more resilient and sustainable future for shareholders, consumers and the environment.
Read how the cloud can solve your data management problems.