Esri Aeronautical Solution includes tools and features to enable aeronautical information management and database-driven cartographic production of aeronautical charts.
Data Management Tools
- Geodesic feature creation via a parameter-based editing wizard (Feature Builder [PDF]) for construction of complex aeronautical features.
- Rule-based validation on the fly during editing, with user configurable, table-based rules engine
- Ability to work with distributed teams via database replication/synchronization, which allows databases to automatically synchronize changes between offices, teams, or Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) contractors
- Robust visualization and publishing tools to share central database content as Web services
- Relationship-based editing model provides database relationships between feature types to users through related features during feature editing via a tree view. For example, an airport may have multiple runways, and the application provides a one-click cascade into related features
- Tracking, visualization, and reporting of historical database states
- Temporal support for cyclical production (28-day product cycles) via long transaction (database versions)
- Import and export of AIXM 4.5 and produce charts using AIXM 5.1 enabled through the ArcGIS Data Interoperability extension to connect with Esri Aeronautical Solution and the Aeronautical Information Conceptual Model (AICM)
- Ability to manage obstacle data using an eTOD compliant data model and automated Obstacle Identification Surface geoprocessing tools supporting both FAA and ICAO standards
Product Management Tools
- Symbology and text via the Visual Specifications tool to define and manage specifications for symbology and labelling
- Automated text generation and management utilities to batch-generate annotation and manage multiscale annotation classes
- Masking management to store and share masking rules in a database providing uniform application of masks (Masks are batch-updated based on the rule base defined by the user)
- Data-driven chart surrounds to automate generation and update of tabular information such as communication frequencies, minima, and other aeronautical chart table elements
Workflow Management Tools
- Workflow management and tracking to manage GIS and non-GIS workflows, control processes, track job progress, and maintain feature edit history (Within ArcMap, a task assistant can be configured to streamline the production process even further)
The Feature Builder tool enables the creation of complex aeronautical features.
Use Product Library to organize and store aeronautical data and products.
Use Obstacle Identification Surface geoprocessing tools to analyze and manage obstacle data.
Sample Low Enroute Instrument Chart created using Aeronautical Solution.