1. What Ordnance Survey datasets are available?
There are a range of online services, including maps and gazetteers, created using the OS OpenData and other datasets. See the Free Services and Premium Services pages for full details.
2. Which Esri products support the consumption of online services?
Most Esri clients across the ArcGIS Platform can access map and gazetteer services.
a. ArcGIS for Desktop
b. ArcGIS Pro
c. Web apps developed with any of the Esri web APIs
d. ArcGIS Online
e. Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS
f. Smartphone SDKs: iOS, WP7, Android
Details on how to access and consume the online services can be found in here.
3. What is the relationship between Esri UK's online services and ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS.com?
Esri UK are working closely with Esri to make sure the offerings are complementary.
Although some of the data in the ArcGIS Online Community Basemap are the same as those being offered by Esri UK's own online services, the major difference is that Esri UK's services are being delivered in British National Grid projection.
The UK gazetteers are specifically tailored for UK address formats and datasets, such as postcodes in OS Code-Point Open and OS open Names.
4. Can I download the data to use within my organisation?
No, the data is provided as a map or gazetteer service only.
However, you can purchase the data. See Content Products, from where you can also email our Content team for details.
5. Are there any copyright restrictions on the data?
When using the data you must acknowledge the copyright and the source of the data (as detailed in Esri UK's Online Terms) along with any additional copyright statements included within the information of the dataset.
6. Can my organisation use the online services within
A public-facing website?
An internally-facing business application?
For commercial purposes?
Yes, subject to compliance with Esri UK's Online Terms.
7. How do I use these online map and gazetteer services in the ArcGIS Platform?
This is explained in the How to Use the Map and Gazetteer Services page.
8. What projection are the services using?
The services are available in British National Grid.
9. Are the map and gazetteer services available in WMS, WFS or KML formats?
No, at present we are only offering the services in their current formats.