GeoCollector for ArcPad is an end-to-end field data collection solution that merges Esri mobile GIS technology with Trimble professional-grade GPS hardware. With GeoCollector for ArcPad, you can increase the accuracy of your data collection, ultimately increasing the quality and value of your enterprise GIS. Esri has partnered with Trimble to exclusively offer GeoCollector for ArcPad.
GeoCollector for ArcPad consists of Esri's ArcPad software and includes a Trimble Positions ArcPad extension license with a Trimble Geo 7X handheld device. Users can also purchase Trimble Positions Desktop add-in for ArcGIS Desktop to complete the end-to-end workflow.
GeoCollector for ArcPad
GeoCollector for ArcPad is the industry standard for rugged handheld data collectors. It comes with a choice of 10 centimeters (GeoCollector Subfoot) or 50 centimeters (GeoCollector Submeter) hardware, after postprocessing with Trimble Positions Desktop add-in for ArcGIS Desktop. These accuracies are also available in real time with suppliers of VRS or dual frequency base stations, which may require provider subscription fees.
Two GeoCollectors include an integrated Rangefinder module using Wavelight technology to enable integrated remote feature location and measurement workflows.
Floodlight satellite shadow reduction technology, available with four of the GeoCollector for ArcPad offerings, enhances GNSS performance to deliver more positions and better accuracies in difficult conditions.
Application Software for GPS Field Data Collection
- Each GeoCollector for ArcPad system includes an Esri ArcPad license.
- ArcPad delivers hassle-free field collection and seamless data integration with ArcGIS products by using the same data formats, symbology, and project structure in the field and in the office.
- Each GeoCollector for ArcPad system also includes a Trimble Positions ArcPad extension license.
- The Trimble Positions ArcPad extension collects and verifies GNSS data to enable improved GIS data accuracy.
- The extension manages GPS data to enable improved GIS data accuracy through differential correction with Trimble Positions Desktop add-in for ArcGIS Desktop software.
GeoCollector for ArcPad includes:
- Texas Instruments DM3730 1 GHz-GPU processor running Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 (Professional edition) operating system
- Sunlight readable 4.2 inch Transflective LED-backlit LCD (480 x 640)
- 3.5 G modem
- 5-megapixel autofocus camera
- High-capacity field-swappable battery
- 4 GB internal storage
- Bluetooth wireless technology
- 802.11 b/g Wi-Fi
- External SD/SDHC card slot
- Receiver protocols include NMEA and TSIP2