Esri S-57 Viewer is an add-on that allows ArcMap users to visualise S-57 data in compliance with S-52 standards and specifications for chart content and display aspects.
With the Esri S-57 Viewer, you can
Visualise S-57 data using S-52 standards
- Query and analyse your S-57 data using various ArcMap
- Overlay your S-57 data with other supported ArcGIS formats
- Apply various S-52 properties such as Colour Scheme or Safety Contour Depth
What You Get
Supported S-57 Based Product Specifications
- AML edition 1.0, 2.1, and 3.0
- ENC edition 3.0, 3.1, 3.1.1, and 3.1.2
- IENC edition 2.0, 2.1 and 2.2
- MIO edition 4
- ArcGIS Resource Centre—ArcGIS for Maritime
- ArcGIS for Maritime: Charting Forum
- ArcGIS Resource Center—Oceans
- Esri User Groups—Networking with other GIS professionals in your area
- Project Centre—Information on planning, designing, and implementing a GIS
- GeoXchange Blog—Tips and tricks for making maps
The Esri S-57 Viewer add-on requires ArcMap. System requirements are determined by the current product version and platform configuration you are using. Please select the ArcMap version for details:
Does the Esri S-57 Viewer support S-63?
No, S-63 is not supported by the viewer due to IHO regulations. However, support for S-63 is provided by ArcGIS for Maritime: Server.
Can you publish S-57 cells to ArcGIS Enterprise?
In order to publish S-57 cells, it is recommended you use the ArcGIS for Maritime: Server product.
Does the Esri S-57 Viewer provide ArcGIS Engine support?
Does the Esri S-57 Viewer provide support for Linux?
Yes. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information regarding Linux support.
How do I get additional support for the Esri S-57 Viewer
Read the Esri S-57 Viewer Install and User Guide for additional information on installation steps and key features. This document is contained in the Esri S-57 Viewer zip file you download from this site. While technical support is not available for free add-ons, you can send questions, suggest enhancements, and report any issues to email@example.com.
What version of the presentation library is supported?
Edition 3.2 of the S-52 specification is supported.
Can users expand the objects and attributes that the Esri S-57 Viewer can read and display?
Yes, there are control files that can be extended to accommodate custom fields. For additional information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are S-57 update files supported?
Yes, the Esri S-57 Viewer can apply update files to the base cell when loading the S-57 dataset.
What are the known limitations of the Esri S-57 Viewer?
S-52 is the ENC Presentation Library and is not meant to display AML, IENC, or MIO data. The only data that will be displayed with S-52 is the data that also exists in ENC. That is to say, if your AML object (WRECK) is also supported in the ENC product specification then it should display the same way with S-52. If the AML object is not supported in ENC then it will default to an unknown symbol. S-52 is extensible so any AML objects that do not display can be added to the presentation library. S-52 is fully documented and explains how to do this.
Free Download— Esri S-57 Viewer Add-on
Please note: If you have modified any of the control files associated with the Esri S-57 Viewer in version 184.108.40.206 and wish to retain them, please back them up before uninstalling that version. Version 220.127.116.11 will install new control files. You may replace version 18.104.22.168 control files with version 22.214.171.124 to retain your changes. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
To use the Esri S-57 Viewer, complete the following steps:
- Uninstall any previous versions of the Esri S-57 Viewer or S-57 Viewer Sample before installing a newer version.
- Select the version for download:
Esri S-57 Viewer version 126.96.36.199
- Double click on setup.msi located in the Esri S-57 Viewer folder. The Esri S-57 Viewer Setup dialog box appears.
- The Esri S-57 Viewer has been successfully installed message appears once the installation is complete.