The UK Local Government Solution for ArcGIS is a collection of web based mapping applications and content built on ArcGIS.
The solution allows Local Government organisations to share geographic information across departments and with their citizens.
The solution consists of:
- An ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS organisational plan which provides
- A content, user, and application management system
- Out of the box Applications including:
- Web Application Templates – allowing you to share your maps through easy to use templates
- Collector for ArcGIS – which allows your field workforce to collect and update data in the field
- ArcGIS Open Data – which allows you to setup a public-facing website to share your data
- Operations Dashboard – which allows you to monitor and track real-time data feeds
- ArcGIS for Server to enable you to store you data securely on premise and publish services for use by your organisation and public facing web maps.
- LocatorHub – Esri UK’s address management system is included so that you can manage and publish your LLPG (Local Land and Property Gazetteer) across the organisation.
In addition the system can be augmented with applications, some of which are free, that can be downloaded from the Esri Marketplace including:
- Markr – to allow you to watermark your basemaps
Content is also available through ArcGIS online:
- ArcGIS Content – ready to use maps and services
- Esri UK Online Content – map and gazetteer services for Ordnance Survey data that can be streamed directly into your applications
Developer Tools optionally allow you to customise or extend the out of the box functionality and to embed components directly into your web site. For example:
- ArcGIS Web AppBuilder – which allows you build your own applications from ready to use widgets, no coding required
- Developer APIs and SDKs – which enable you to build your own custom solutions
- Launch Kits – services from Esri UK to help you get up and running with your new solution. These are available “pick and mix” so you can put together a programme that meets your needs and experience.