Dublin - Esri Ireland
Graduate Programme 2020
When joining our 18 month graduate programme you will experience key areas of our business, working alongside our specialists, developing your skills and knowledge whilst sharing in our success.
Working with the latest Esri technology, you will understand how our customers are using the ArcGIS Platform and develop the skills to help them to be even more successful. You will interact with a wide variety of organisations across a range of industries including environment, government, public safety, utilities, telecoms, retail and education.
At the end of our 18 month programme we will work in partnership to balance business requirements with your desired career aspirations to find you a suitable role within the company. We will look at how your skills and approach to work best fits within the business, ensuring your continued success here at Esri Ireland.
- Sales Support: providing demonstrations, presentations and technical expertise to support our Sales Managers and help our customers understand the benefits of GIS to their business.
- Technical Support: working with subject matter experts to diagnose, understand and resolve customer’s technical challenges, whilst promoting the best practice use of the ArcGIS Platform.
- Marketing: helping to acquire new customers by raising brand awareness and developing customer marketing material for events and eNewsletters.
- Professional Services: working with customers on the installation, configuration, and deployment of ArcGIS based solutions and the installation and configuration of supporting technology such as databases and webservers.
- Tech Research / Data: sourcing and preparing specific datasets to ensure spatial content available on ArcGIS Online is localised for our customers. Helping customers to set up and populate OpenData Portals and working with our CTO on new and innovative technologies.
- Lifelong Learning: working with our Lifelong Learning Engagement Manager to better understand and proactively engage with Primary, Secondary & Higher Education in order to create, develop, support and sustain our next generation of decision makers.
- Must be available to start in September/October 2020
- Must be willing to reside in the UK for the first three months of our 18 month programme
- You have to be eligible to work in the UK and Ireland, unfortunately we cannot sponsor an application
- A knowledge of, and ability to use the ArcGIS Platform. Awareness of trends in the wider IT industry with an understanding of how they relate to GIS and Esri Ireland
- A commercial understanding of the impact of technology with a vision for how GIS can enhance the effectiveness of an organisation
- Effective and flexible time management with the ability to prioritise workload and deliver to deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to think outside of the box and be confident to suggest better ways of working
- A willingness to work in a fast-moving and dynamic environment as part of a technical team of like-minded people
- The ability to take the initiative on tasks in a work environment
- Be the holder of a clean and valid driving license would be beneficial but not essential
- You must hold (or be predicted to achieve) at least a 2:1 in a relevant degree subject: GIS, Geography or IT (including Computer Science and Software Engineering) from a Third Level Educational Institute in the Republic of Ireland & Northern Ireland
- A Master’s in GIS or relevant degree may be beneficial, but is not essential
About Esri Ireland
Esri Ireland is a privately held software company and a distributor for Esri Inc.; the global market-leader in geographic information systems (GIS) software, based in Redlands, California.
Esri Ireland specialises in the application of geographic information systems, helping customers record where things happen and analyse why, with the aim of providing insight and helping them to make better decisions. As Esri's official point of presence in Ireland it has, since 2002, partnered with both the public and private sector to help them understand the impact of geography on their business. Recognised as one of the Best Workplaces in Ireland, Esri Ireland is part of the Esri Global Network, a billion-dollar privately held software company with nearly 10,000 employees worldwide.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s GIS technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them. In addition to selling software we also have an extensive service capability providing Professional Services, Training and Technical Support to our customers.
We have a team ethos and our working environment is relaxed and informal, but you will be expected to work hard and help to make a difference. You will work with a wide range of the latest technologies and we actively encourage innovation.
Graduates at Esri Ireland
We‘re looking for bright and passionate students and recent grads who want to turn their education into a rewarding career.