When joining our two-year graduate programme you will experience key areas of our business, working alongside our specialists, developing your skills and knowledge whilst sharing in our success.
Working with the latest Esri technology, you will understand how our customers are using the ArcGIS Platform and develop the skills to help them to be even more successful. You will interact with a wide variety of organisations across a range of industries including environment, government, public safety, utilities, telecoms, retail and education.
When you have successfully completed the two-year programme you will move to a permanent team role, which balances our business requirements with your desired career aspirations.
- Technical Pre-Sales: providing demonstrations, presentations and technical expertise to support our Sales Team and help our customers understand the benefits of GIS to their organisation
- Technical Support: working with subject matter experts to diagnose, understand and resolve customer’s technical challenges, whilst promoting the best practice use of the ArcGIS Platform
- Professional Services: working with customers on the installation, configuration, and deployment of Esri ArcGIS based solutions and the installation and configuration of supporting technology such as databases and webservers
- ArcGIS Curator: curating the content of the Living Atlas for the UK to provide localised content to support Esri UK’s customers in their use of the ArcGIS platform. Encouraging data custodians to contribute their data to the Living Atlas. Promoting the global content in the Living Atlas to our customers.Championing the use of open data with the ArcGIS Platform
- Sales: contacting our existing customers to identify their business needs for GIS. Helping them maximise the benefits of GIS, promoting and developing its use in their organisation
- You must be eligible to work in the UK, unfortunately we cannot sponsor an applicant
- An understanding of;
- GIS technologies and its application and/or
- Software development and the wider IT industry
- A commercial understanding of the impact of technology with a vision for how GIS can enhance the effectiveness of an organisation
- Effective and flexible time management with the ability to prioritise workload and deliver to deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside of the box and be confident to suggest better ways of working
- A willingness to work in a fast-moving and dynamic environment as part of a technical team of like-minded people
- The ability to take the initiative on tasks in a work environment
- Be the holder of a UK driving license or be willing to learn to drive
- You must hold (or be predicted to achieve) at least a 2:1 in a relevant degree subject: GIS, Geography or IT (including Computer Science and Software Engineering)
- A Master’s in GIS or relevant degree may be beneficial, but is not essential
- If you have additional experience we will consider you for other vacancies across the business
About Esri UK
Esri UK is a privately held software company that is a distributor for Esri Inc. Esri Inc, based in Redlands, California is the global market-leader in geographic information systems (GIS) software.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s GIS technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them. In addition to selling software we also have an extensive service capability providing Professional Services, Training and Technical Support to our customers.
We have a team ethos and our working environment is relaxed and informal, but you will be expected to work hard and help to make a difference. You will work with a wide range of the latest technologies and we actively encourage innovation.
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
The interview process will have an initial telephone conversation, followed by an Assessment Centre. We will be holding Assessment Centres on the below dates. When applying are you able to let us know if you cannot attend any of the below dates.
- 4th July 2019
- 6th August 2019
We will be shortlisting and telephoning applicants as CVs come through, making offers to successful candidates following an Assessment Centre, on a first come, first serve basis.