Want to create immersive and engaging map-based data visualisations that will be seen by millions of people around the world? If so, this could be the role for you.
We are looking for a talented individual with a creative flair and excellent communication skills to join the Technical Research team. As a Cartographer, you will be creating content to inspire others and demonstrate the advanced capabilities of the ArcGIS Platform.
- Design and publish map-based data visualisations to demonstrate the power of GIS and the capabilities of the ArcGIS Platform
- Develop innovative cartographic output to promote better mapping and inspire our customers and the wider public
- Support the Technical Research and Pre-Sales teams by building engaging collateral to support product marketing campaigns. Examples include dashboards, web apps and StoryMaps
- Provide cartographic support to projects, sales engagements and other activities within Esri UK
- Regularly contribute to the Esri UK blog and social media channels
You will ideally be educated to degree level or above in Cartography, GIS or a visual design related subject. It would be beneficial to have at least three years’ post graduate experience working in a Cartography or GIS related field; however, we would consider applicants who have less experience.
You should also have:
- A passion for GIS, Cartography and Data Visualisation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A keen interest in presenting and sharing knowledge with others
- A working knowledge of the ArcGIS Platform and hands-on experience of our product portfolio
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside of the box when necessary
- The drive and motivation to work alone, but also the ability to participate as part of a wider team
- Effective and flexible time management with the ability to prioritise workload and deliver to deadlines
- An active interest in web and app visualisation and presentation technologies such as D3 (desirable)
If you are interested in exploring the above opportunity in more depth, please email your letter of application, portfolio and CV to email@example.com. Your letter of application should demonstrate how you fit this role based on your experience to date. Please include details of your current and expected salary package.
Closing date: 7 September 2019
No agencies please
About Esri UK
Esri UK is a privately held software company with offices in Aylesbury, Cambridge and Edinburgh. We act as the UK distributor for Esri Inc. based in Redlands, California who are the global market-leader in geographic information systems (GIS) software.
At Esri UK we believe that knowing where things happen matters to business. We help organisations make better decisions through the use and application of geographical information. Esri’s GIS technology inspires and enables governments, universities and businesses to save money, lives and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them. In addition to selling software we also have an extensive service capability providing Professional Services, Training and Technical Support to our customers.
We have a team ethos and our working environment is relaxed and informal, but you will be expected to work hard and help to make a difference. You will work with a wide range of the latest technologies and we actively encourage innovation.