Consultant - Data
We are looking for either a full time or part time candidate to play a key role in managing and developing our InstantAtlas national and client data services. The InstantAtlas team within Esri UK prepare and manage large statistical indicator data sets and deliver community information systems, local observatories and knowledge hub websites for clients as fully managed services. They source data from major providers including NOMIS, ONS, DCLG, Police UK, and Public Health England to provide clients with up to date, publicly available data for local areas.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Identifying and analysing statistical datasets for addition to the data service in response to the customer’s needs
- Sourcing and downloading datasets from a range of national providers and maintaining timely updates
- Loading and managing data in databases and cloud services
- Managing data quality and accurate documentation
- Analysing, manipulating and loading clients’ local datasets to complement data in the national services
- Using apps to create interactive statistical reports
- Supporting clients using the data services and managing client communications regarding the data services
- Travel to other offices and customer sites, typically once a month
It would be great if the successful candidate had previous experience working within an analytical or research position and have the following:
- Previous experience working within an analytical or research position
- Good knowledge of national statistics in UK including sources, websites
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside of the box and be confident to suggest better ways of working
- An ability to learn quickly, and consistently and accurately follow agreed processes and procedures with minimal assistance
- The ability to work as part of a team – proactively recognising where help and assistance is needed within the team
- Strong data manipulation and data presentation skills
It would be desirable if you have:
- A knowledge of, and ability to use the ArcGIS Platform
- Knowledge of SQL Server, Oracle or other RDBMS
- Knowledge of health statistics and their sources for the UK
- The ability to take the initiative on tasks in a work environment
- A relevant degree in Statistics, IT (including Computer Science and Software Engineering) or Geography
About Esri UK
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s GIS technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them. In addition to selling software we also have an extensive service capability providing Professional Services, Training and Technical Support to our customers.
We have a team ethos and our working environment is relaxed and informal, but you will be expected to work hard and help to make a difference. You will work with a wide range of the latest technologies and we actively encourage innovation.
If you are interested in exploring the above opportunity in more depth, please email your letter of application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your letter of application should demonstrate how you fit this role based on your experience to date. Please include details of your current and expected salary package and give details of your availability both for interview and for employment if your application is successful.
Closing date: Friday 24th January 2020
No agencies please.