Aylesbury, Edinburgh, Cambridge, or Home based
GIS Consultant (Permanent or Fixed Term)
Esri UK help organisations make better decisions through the use of geography, location and digital mapping technology. We are looking to strengthen our Professional Services Group by appointing additional GIS consultants to work as part of this dynamic and motivated team. We are looking for technical experts with an excellent knowledge of the ArcGIS Platform who are able to use their skills and experience to help our customers be successful.
This role will appeal to individuals who are GIS 'savvy' and motivated to deliver technical solutions to real-world problems. The ideal candidate should be naturally curious and inquisitive, great at relationship building and enthusiastic about technical problem solving. The role provides opportunities to work with the latest Esri technology and interact with a wide variety of organisations across a range of industries including transportation, public safety, government, utilities, insurance and retail.
- A passion for GIS
- An awareness of trends in the wider IT industry with an understanding of how they relate to GIS and Esri UK
- Strong organisational skills with drive and motivation to work alone; yet able to report and collaborate as part of a wider team
- Effective and flexible time management with the ability to prioritise workload and deliver to deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside of the box when necessary
- An ability to build strong relationships with customers, partners and other key stakeholders
Given the variety of our projects and customer engagements, the work activities required of a GIS Consultant will typically be determined by an individual’s experience, specific skills, and subject matter expertise. The role involves working closely with our customers and partners and will include some of the following activities:
- Providing expertise, guidance and support to customers in the installation, configuration and use of the ArcGIS Platform
- Developing desktop, web and mobile applications which utilise Esri technology
- Engaging with clients (either individually or as part of a team) to understand requirements and then implementing GIS-based solutions to meet those requirements
- Estimating and delivering specified work packages to time and budget
- Acting as a trusted technical advisor, helping to demonstrate best practice with Esri technology and growing a customer’s understanding of the ArcGIS Platform
- Providing technical input and guidance for business development and sales opportunities
- Maintaining and developing an excellent understanding of the ArcGIS Platform and how it can be used by our customers to solve real-world problems
- Undertaking research into the latest technologies and IT trends and relating this to Esri UK’s business
Please note a willingness to travel and work at customer sites is a key requirement of this role
If you are interested in exploring the above opportunity in more depth, please email your letter of application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your letter of application should demonstrate how you fit this role based on your experience to date and your location preference.
Closing date: 05 January 2020.
Interviews will take place on 22 or 23 January 2020.
No agencies please.