Dublin or Holywood (Belfast)
Due to continued growth, we are looking to find enthusiastic and motivated consultants to join our Professional Services team.
Esri Ireland are looking to increase our Professional Services team by recruiting additional GIS Consultants based in Dublin and Belfast. At Esri Ireland we believe that knowing where things happen matters to business. We help organisations make better decisions through the use and application of geographical information.
This role will appeal to individuals who are GIS ‘savvy’ and motivated to deliver technical solutions to real-world problems. The ideal candidate should be naturally curious and inquisitive, great at relationship building and enthusiastic about technical problem solving. The role provides opportunities to work with the latest Esri technology and interact with a wide variety of organisations across a range of industries including transportation, public safety, government, utilities, insurance and retail.
Given the variety of our projects and customer engagements, the work activities required of a GIS Consultant will typically be determined by an individual’s experience, specific skills, and subject matter expertise. The role involves working closely with our customers and partners and will include some of the following activities:
- Providing expertise, guidance and support to customers in the installation, configuration and use of the ArcGIS Platform
- Developing desktop, web and mobile applications which utilise Esri technology
- Consulting with clients (either individually or as part of a team) to understand requirements and then implementing GIS-based solutions to meet those requirements
- Estimating and delivering specified work packages to time and budget
- Acting as a trusted technical advisor, helping to demonstrate best practice with Esri technology and growing a customer’s understanding of the ArcGIS Platform
- Providing technical input and guidance for business development and sales opportunities
- Maintaining and developing an excellent understanding of the ArcGIS Platform and how it can be used by our customers to solve real-world problems
- Undertaking research into the latest technologies and IT trends and relating this to Esri UK’s business.
Ideally you would also have:
- A passion for GIS
- An awareness of trends in the wider IT industry with an understanding of how they relate to GIS and Esri Ireland
- Strong organisational skills with drive and motivation to work alone; yet able to report and collaborate as part of a wider team
- Effective and flexible time management with the ability to prioritise workload and deliver to deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to think outside of the box when necessary
- An ability to build strong relationships with customers, partners and other key stakeholders
- Proven experience in Esri’s ArcGIS product suite, including ArcGIS Pro / Desktop, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Mobile Apps and/or ArcGIS Online and web technologies
- Experience of enterprise GIS solution design and deployment and applying Geographical Information Systems to provide business solutions
- Good IT and analytical skills
- Excellent customer facing skills, including the presentation and demonstration of potential solutions, and a proven track record of building successful relationships in complex accounts
- Effective team work through building close partnerships with fellow professionals to ensure successful customer engagement across a range of scenarios and accounts
- Excellent track record of successful project delivery with a record of achieving financial, quality, and timeline targets
The role of GIS Consultant will appeal to individuals who are GIS and IT ‘savvy’, naturally curious and inquisitive, and able to determine optimum solutions to customer problems so as to deliver real benefits. If you have a passion for GIS and have good IT and analytical skills, please email your letter of application and CV to email@example.com. Your letter of application should demonstrate how you fit this role based on your experience to date. Please include details of your current and expected salary package and give details of your availability both for interview and for employment if your application is successful.
No agencies please