Dublin or Holywood (Belfast)
If you enjoy being involved in projects that make a real difference, then Esri Ireland has a role for you. We are working with our customers to deliver a wide variety of solutions, from more efficient management of our country’s utility networks, to creating more sustainable development in Ireland, to ensuring that pupils are transported to school safely and efficiently.
Due to our continued growth, Esri Ireland are looking to increase our Professional Services team by recruiting additional GIS Consultants based in both Dublin and Holywood (Belfast). We are looking for technical consultants with a knowledge of GIS who have a sense of purpose and are motivated to bring their skills and experience to help our customers be successful.
This role will appeal to you if you are GIS savvy and motivated to be part of a team that delivers solutions to real-world scenarios. If you are naturally curious and inquisitive, good at creating and nurturing relationships, and enthusiastic about problem solving, this role will provide you with the vehicle to achieve your goals. The role provides opportunities to work with a highly skilled and diverse team, the latest Esri technology and interact with a wide variety of organisations across a range of industries including transportation, public safety, government, utilities, insurance, the natural environment and retail. For examples of some of the great projects you could be collaborating on please check out our case studies here.
As with all roles in Esri Ireland, you will have the autonomy and accountability to apply your skills and competencies to your work / career while at the same time be supported by an environment where team work and collaboration are valued.
Our people-focused culture values our employees as whole individuals and we understand that your work and your life need to be balanced for us to truly have a relationship that give you the career you want and helps us to build the team we need.
Throughout your tenure with Esri Ireland you will be provided with training, feedback, coaching and mentoring that you need to be a success in this role and, indeed, any future roles as you develop your career with us.
All our consultants work with a wide variety of customers/industries cooperating to deliver solutions based on GIS. The work activities required of a GIS Consultant in Esri Ireland are typically determined by your experience, specific skills, and subject matter expertise. Esri Ireland values personal and professional development, so we will help you expand your skills and experience in line with our business and your career aspirations. The role involves working closely with our customers and partners and will include some of the following activities:
- Providing your expertise, guidance and support to customers in the installation, configuration and use of GIS and the ArcGIS Platform
- Creating desktop, web and mobile applications that use Esri technology
- Consulting/ cooperating with clients (either individually or as part of a team) to understand requirements and then implementing GIS-based solutions to meet those requirements
- Acting as a trusted technical advisor, helping to demonstrate best practice with Esri technology and growing a customer’s understanding of the ArcGIS Platform
- Providing technical input and guidance for business development and sales opportunities
- Maintaining and developing an understanding of the ArcGIS Platform and how it can be used by our customers to solve real-world problems
- Undertaking research into the latest technologies and IT trends and relating this to Esri Ireland’s business.
Candidates would ideally have a degree in an Engineering, Geographic Information Systems, or Computer Science discipline. We would also anticipate around 2 years’ experience in a similar role however, we have roles that will accommodate all levels of experience.
Ideally you would also have some or all of the following:
- A passion for GIS
- A collaborate outlook to prioritise workload and deliver to deadlines
- Good communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills and good IT analytical skills
- An ability to collaborate and nurture relationships with colleagues and customers
- Experience in Esri’s ArcGIS product suite, including ArcGIS Pro / Desktop, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Mobile Apps and/or ArcGIS Online and web technologies
- Experience of enterprise GIS solution design and deployment and applying Geographical Information Systems to provide business/real-world solutions
At Esri Ireland we have a people-centric, “can do” culture and prize personal and professional development. We encourage applications from anyone who feels that they have some, or all, of the requirements above or simply feel that their skill and knowledge would be of benefit to our organisation. In all of our roles, we will help you expand your skills and experience in line with our business and your career aspirations.
The role of GIS Consultant will appeal to individuals who are GIS and IT ‘savvy’, naturally curious and inquisitive, and able to determine optimum solutions to customer problems so as to deliver real benefits. If you have a passion for GIS and have good IT and analytical skills, please email your letter of application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your letter of application should demonstrate how you fit this role based on your experience to date. Please include details of your current and expected salary package and give details of your availability both for interview and for employment if your application is successful.
No agencies please
Esri Ireland specialises in the application of geographic information systems, helping customers record where things happen and analyse why, with the aim of providing insight and helping them to make better decisions. As Esri's official point of presence in Ireland we have, since 2002, partnered with both the public and private sector to help them understand and benefit from the impact of geography on their business. Recognised as one of the Best Workplaces in Ireland, Esri Ireland is part of the Esri Global Network.
Esri Ireland Ltd. is an Equal Opportunities employer. It is committed to ensuring, within the framework of the law, that our workplaces are free from unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, maternity leave, civil partnership or disability.