Ireland - North County Dublin
Esri Ireland are looking to recruit several GIS Contractors to support our customers in analysing, managing and updating their spatial data. At Esri Ireland we believe that knowing where things happen matters to business. We help organisations make better decisions through the use and application of geographical information. We are currently have several positions with our customers for various GIS roles.
Successful candidates will be trained to carry out specific tasks in line with the operational procedures of particular customers. These roles will appeal to individuals who have an understanding of GIS, a knowledge of most common ArcGIS functions/toolbars, a reasonable understanding of geodatabases and data management practices and want to apply these to everyday business processes.
The main responsibilities will be to:
- Work as part of the GIS unit to support the operations of the business.
- Promote and develop the use of GIS throughout the organisation translating business requirements into GIS solution.
- Generation of GIS data, which needs to have a high level of accuracy, consistency and quality.
- Create datasets which will be used long-term to build trust in the GIS data such that it acts as the ‘Single Source of Truth’ for spatial data across the organisation.
- Provide GIS data that stands up to scrutiny from both internal and external bodies.
- Utilise both CAD and GIS data structures and processes.
- Data translation/ transformation via FME.
- Good communication, team working and interpersonal skills are critical as are excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of working on their own initiative and should have strong technical and analytical skills with a systematic working style¸ attention to detail and ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Experience in using the desktop products in the ArcGIS platform (ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro). Understanding of the Esri GIS technology platform including ArcGIS for Server, ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS/Pro.
- Experience of digitising spatial data to a high level of accuracy, consistency and quality.
- Cartography and map representation producing complex maps for user departments and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of both CAD and GIS data structures and processes.
- Some experience of data translation via Safe Software’s FME product.
If you are interested in exploring any of the above opportunities in more depth, please email your letter of application and CV to email@example.com. Your letter of application should demonstrate how you fit the role based on your experience to date. Please include details of your current and expected day rate and give details of your availability both for interview and for employment if your application is successful.
No agencies please