Ireland - Dublin City Centre
GIS Professional required for large Central Government Department based in Dublin City Centre on a contract basis.
- Preparation, manipulation, management and dissemination of spatial data associated with conservation and heritage sites and designations;
- Coordination and sharing of spatial data and information workflows between the GIS unit and a wide range of business areas;
- Establishing and maintaining cartographic standards for published map series;
- Providing customer service and GIS software helpdesk and training on best practice to staff nationwide.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in a cognate discipline (e.g. Geography, Environmental Science, Remote Sensing) together with a post graduate diploma in GIS or a minimum of 1 to 2 years relevant post-graduate experience in GIS;
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years of industry experience working with Esri technology, including ArcGIS Desktop;
- Demonstrable experience in cartographic design and map series production;
- Demonstrable experience in the preparation, manipulation, management and dissemination of spatial data;
- A clear understanding of co-ordinate reference systems;
- Experience with non-spatial tabular data manipulation and integration (e.g. MS Excel/Ms Access);
- Capable of working on their own initiative and should have strong technical and analytical skills with a systematic working style¸ attention to detail and ability to work to strict deadlines
If you are interested in exploring any of the above opportunities in more depth, please email your letter of application and CV to email@example.com. Your letter of application should demonstrate how you fit the role based on your experience to date. Please include details of your current and expected day rate and give details of your availability both for interview and for employment if your application is successful.
No agencies please