Ireland - Dublin City Centre
Esri Ireland are looking to recruit several GIS Contractors to support our customers in analysing, managing and updating their spatial data. At Esri Ireland we believe that knowing where things happen matters to business. We help organisations make better decisions through the use and application of geographical information. We are currently have several positions with our customers for various GIS roles.
Successful candidates will be trained to carry out specific tasks in line with the operational procedures of particular customers. These roles will appeal to individuals who have an understanding of GIS, a knowledge of most common ArcGIS functions/toolbars, a reasonable understanding of geodatabases and data management practices and want to apply these to everyday business processes.
- Design, implementation, test and commissioning of Web Services using Esri ArcGIS Server and ArcGIS online.
- Performs GIS analysis, modelling and reporting to support decision making.
- Operates and maintains GIS software and web-based applications.
- Designs GIS enterprise database and enforces data standards.
- Cartography and map representation producing complex maps for user departments and other relevant central Government departments and agencies.
- Knowledge of and use of Virtual Machines / Servers.
- Knowledge and experience of relational database products and their application to GIS solutions.
- Testing of implemented solutions through system test, integration test and user acceptance tests and on into application support.
- Encouraging the use and integration of GIS in daily work practices and skills and knowledge transfer to customer’s staff.
- At least 3 years GIS Experience with 2 years plus of industry experience working with Esri technology. Specifically, Esri ArcGIS Desktop (10.3 onwards) and ArcGIS online. ArcGIS online experience should include Story Maps and a range of application templates.
- General application of GIS technology and data (understanding of best current practice in data management and analysis).
- A 3rd level qualification e.g. degree/HND or equivalent in a subject which included a significant element of GIS.
- Understanding of the Esri GIS technology platform including ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Online, Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Desktop/Pro at current revision levels.
- Implementation of spatial databases using GeoDatabase schema methods and a knowledge of relational database products and their application to GIS solutions.
- Prior experience in managing GIS projects from initial engagement and requirements gathering to design, data management and delivery via the Esri technology suite including ArcGIS Online and Portal an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of ESRI ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint.
- Good communication, team working and interpersonal skills are critical as are excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of working on their own initiative and should have strong technical and analytical skills with a systematic working style, attention to detail and ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Experience of writing procedural documentation for support and training for applications.
If you are interested in exploring any of the above opportunities in more depth, please email your letter of application and CV to email@example.com. Your letter of application should demonstrate how you fit the role based on your experience to date. Please include details of your current and expected day rate and give details of your availability both for interview and for employment if your application is successful.
No agencies please