Cork City Centre
Esri Ireland are looking to recruit a GIS Contractor to support a large Utility customer in managing their Enterprise GIS system.
Successful candidates will be trained to carry out specific tasks in line with the operational procedures of the customer. These roles will appeal to individuals who have an understanding of Enterprise GIS, a knowledge of most common ArcGIS functions/toolbars, a reasonable understanding of geodatabases and data management practices and want to apply these to everyday business processes.
The main responsibilities will be to:
- Be part of the customer’s GIS Business Services team to support the customer’s business units and users.
- Be part of a team which ensures the availability and smooth running of GIS and related services across both business units of the customer and their various business partners.
- Cork based with frequent travel to Dublin, possibly 2 days a week in Dublin.
- Involvement in backend support as required – ArcGIS servers, Database, Citrix, etc.
- Testing of new and updated GIS functionality as well as systems integration testing in conjunction with other application analysts.
- Assist in the maintenance of GIS Environments; Development, Testing, Acceptance, Production.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Online/Enterprise workflow to support for users. Troubleshooting and resolution. Training new users.
- Complete understanding of GIS principles and concepts.
- Strong ESRI ArcGIS experience. Understanding of the GIS technology platform including ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Desktop/Pro.
- Knowledge of spatial datasets (e.g. OSI, GeoDirectory, Aerial Photography, Imagery)
- Proven ability to create and develop good working relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
- Have excellent analytical skills and be able to identify and analyse problems and potential improvements
- Good communication, team-working and interpersonal skills are critical as are excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of working on their own initiative and should have strong technical and analytical skills with a systematic working style, attention to detail and ability to work to strict deadlines.
If you are interested in exploring any of the above opportunities in more depth, please email your letter of application and CV to email@example.com. Your letter of application should demonstrate how you fit the role based on your experience to date. Please include details of your current and expected day rate and give details of your availability both for interview and for employment if your application is successful.
No agencies please