Dublin, Ireland & Holywood, Northern Ireland
If you enjoy being involved in projects that make a real difference, then Esri Ireland has a role for you. We are working with our customers to deliver a wide variety of solutions, from more efficient management of our country’s utility networks, to creating more sustainable development in Ireland, to ensuring that pupils are transported to school safely and efficiently.
Due to our continued growth, we are recruiting additional GIS Project Manager roles for both our Dublin and Holywood (Belfast) offices. In Esri Ireland we believe our success comes from our customers’ success and the role of GIS project manager has the title Customer Success Manager (CSM). These GIS Project Managers (CSMs) will join our dynamic and motivated Professional Services team, increasing the services that we supply to our customers across the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
The role provides opportunities to work with a highly skilled and diverse team, the latest Esri technology and interact with a wide variety of organisations across a range of industries including transportation, public safety, government, utilities, insurance, the natural environment and retail. For examples of some of the great projects you could be collaborating on please check out our case studies here.
As with all roles in Esri Ireland, you will have the autonomy and accountability to apply your skills and competencies to your work / career while at the same time be supported by an environment where teamwork and collaboration are valued.
Our people-focused culture values our employees as whole individuals and we understand that your work and your life need to be balanced for us to truly have a relationship that gives you the career you want and helps us to build the team we need.
Throughout your tenure with Esri Ireland you will be provided with the training, feedback, coaching and mentoring that you need to be a success in this role and, indeed, any future roles as you develop your career with us.
In the GIS Project Manager role you will work with a variety of project and customer engagements across many industries. You will be involved in project delivery, GIS advocacy and business development. The work activities you can expect are:
- Being a trusted advisor to our customers (advocating the use of GIS to meet their solution needs)
- Consulting with customers to understand the problems they are looking to solve and working with other members of the Professional Services team to recommend GIS-based solutions that help address those problems
- Facilitating the delivery of quality GIS solutions to our customers using your project management skills
- Maintaining and developing your understanding of the ArcGIS Platform and how it can be used by our customers to solve real-world problems
In Esri Ireland we feel that to be successful in this role you should have, or will need to develop, the following skills and knowledge. Understanding this, we would really like to meet you if you have around 4 years’ experience in a solutions delivery/professional services environment and have some, or all, of the following skills and knowledge:
- Customer facing skills, including facilitation and communications skills
- Requirements gathering and the ability to articulate a proposal
- Experience of the whole project life cycle from concept to completion
- Experience in the delivery of projects using formal project management methodologies
- Ability to keep to financial, quality, and timeline targets
- Commercial awareness and good financial management skills
- Experience in applying GIS to provide business solutions
- Have an organised approach and have qualities to encourage and motivate project teams to deliver our solutions
- Be able to nurture relationships, cooperate and influence at various levels
- An understanding/ appreciation of the consultative/solution selling process
- You will have at least 4 years’ experience in a solutions delivery/professional services environment and be able to demonstrate an ability to handle the conflicting demands that this position presents.
At Esri Ireland we have a people-centric, “can do” culture and prize personal and professional development. We encourage applications from anyone who feels that they have some, or all, of the requirements above or simply feel that their skills and knowledge would be of benefit to our organisation. In all of our roles, we will help you to expand your skills and experience in line with our business and your career aspirations.
Please email your letter of application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your letter of application should demonstrate how you fit this role based on your experience to date. Please include details of your current and expected salary package and give details of your availability both for interview and for employment if your application is successful.
No agencies please
Esri Ireland specialises in the application of geographic information systems, helping customers record where things happen and analyse why, with the aim of providing insight and helping them to make better decisions. As Esri's official point of presence in Ireland we have, since 2002, partnered with both the public and private sector to help them understand and benefit from the impact of geography on their business. Recognised as one of the Best Workplaces in Ireland, Esri Ireland is part of the Esri Global Network.
Esri Ireland Ltd. is an Equal Opportunities employer. It is committed to ensuring, within the framework of the law, that our workplaces are free from unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, maternity leave, civil partnership or disability.