Dublin City Centre, Ireland
Esri Ireland are looking to recruit a GIS Contractor to support a large Utility customer in managing and their Enterprise GIS system.
Successful candidates will be trained to carry out specific tasks in line with the operational procedures of the customer. These roles will appeal to individuals who have an understanding of Enterprise GIS, a knowledge of most common ArcGIS functions/toolbars, a reasonable understanding of geodatabases and data management practices and want to apply these to everyday business processes.
The main responsibilities will be to:
- Support a customer’s GIS assets management team with general GIS request and analysis.
- Perform GIS analysis, modelling and reporting to support decision making.
- Operate GIS software and web-based applications.
- Cartography and map representation producing complex maps for user departments and other stake holders
- Good communication, team working and interpersonal skills are critical as are excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of working on their own initiative and should have strong technical and analytical skills with a systematic working style, attention to detail and ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Understanding of the GIS technology platform including ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise and ArcGIS Desktop/Pro.
- Ability to analyse spatial data sets from multiple sources.
- Familiar with the spatial data sets such as CSO, MyPlan, Planning authority – planning/development management portal, EPA environmental data sets and Water Framework Directive.
If you are interested in exploring any of the above opportunities in more depth, please email your letter of application and CV to email@example.com. Your letter of application should demonstrate how you fit the role based on your experience to date. Please include details of your current and expected day rate and give details of your availability both for interview and for employment if your application is successful.
No agencies please
Esri Ireland specialises in the application of geographic information systems, helping customers record where things happen and analyse why, with the aim of providing insight and helping them to make better decisions. As Esri's official point of presence in Ireland we have, since 2002, partnered with both the public and private sector to help them understand and benefit from the impact of geography on their business. Recognised as one of the Best Workplaces in Ireland, Esri Ireland is part of the Esri Global Network.
Esri Ireland Ltd. is an Equal Opportunities employer. It is committed to ensuring, within the framework of the law, that our workplaces are free from unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy, maternity leave, civil partnership or disability.