Aylesbury & Cambridge
At Esri UK we help organisations make better decisions through the use of geography, location and digital mapping technology. Due to continued growth, we are looking to find enthusiastic and motivated Implementation Services consultants to join our Professional Services team.
As an Implementation Services Consultant you will become a specialist in the installation, configuration and support of the ArcGIS Platform and related technology. You will be working closely with customers as a trusted technical advisor, helping to implement and support Enterprise solutions, and growing their understanding of the ArcGIS Platform
This role will appeal to ambitious and motivated individuals who have a genuine interest in GIS and Enterprise IT. You must be excellent at working with customers and demonstrate a genuine aptitude for technical problem solving. The role provides opportunities to work with a wide range Esri technology and interact with key customers across a range of industries including government, public safety, commercial and utilities.
- Given the variety of our projects and customer engagements, the work activities required from an Implementation Services consultant will vary. The role will certainly involve working closely with our customers, both onsite and remotely, and include some of the following activities:
- Installing and configuring the ArcGIS Platform, to include: data loading and configuration, management of Enterprise geodatabases, configuration of web adapters and user authentication, implementation of solutions using AWS and MS Azure, Creating automation scripts and configuration of Customer web apps
- Developing a strong relationship with customers and providing expertise and guidance, plus knowledge transfer, in the use of Esri technology
- Working independently, or with subject matter experts within Esri UK, Esri Inc and beyond, to resolve customer support cases
- Diagnosing, reproducing and investigating customer issues, to understand and resolve software problems
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of the latest trends in GIS and Enterprise IT
- Identifying potential opportunities for new business and raising with the relevant Project Manager/Customer Success Manager
Please note a willingness to travel and work at customer sites is an essential requirement of this role.
Candidates would ideally have a degree in an Engineering, Geographic Information Systems, or Computer Science discipline. We would also anticipate at least 2 years’ experience in a relevant role with hands-on experience of using the ArcGIS Platform. Experience of working in an Enterprise IT environment, with knowledge of Cloud (Amazon and Azure), Databases (Postgres, SQL, Oracle) and Security (certificates, Active Directory etc.) and/or automation (Python, Powershell etc.) would be considered advantageous, but is not essential.
Ideally you would also have:
- A passion for GIS and Enterprise IT
- An awareness of trends in the IT industry with an understanding of how they relate to GIS and Esri UK
- Strong organisational skills with drive and motivation to work alone; yet able to report and collaborate as part of a wider team
- Effective and flexible time management with the ability to prioritise workload and deliver to deadlines
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside of the box when necessary
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- An ability to build strong relationships with customers, partners and other key stakeholders.
If you are interested in exploring the above opportunity in more depth, please email your letter of application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your letter of application should demonstrate how you fit this role based on your experience to date. Please include details of your current and expected salary package and give details of your availability both for interview and for employment if your application is successful.
No agencies please
About Esri UK
Esri UK is a privately held software company with offices in Aylesbury, Cambridge and Edinburgh. We act as the UK distributor for Esri Inc. based in Redlands, California who are the global market-leader in geographic information systems (GIS) software.
At Esri UK we believe that knowing where things happen matters to business. We help organisations make better decisions through the use and application of geographical information. Esri’s GIS technology inspires and enables governments, universities and businesses to save money, lives and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them. In addition to selling software we also have an extensive service capability providing Professional Services, Training and Technical Support to our customers.
We have a team ethos and our working environment is relaxed and informal, but you will be expected to work hard and help to make a difference. You will work with a wide range of the latest technologies and we actively encourage innovation.