Aylesbury, Belfast, Cambridge or Edinburgh
Managed Services Consultant
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Managed Services Consultant to join the Managed Services team, responsible for building and maintaining a rapidly growing portfolio of Managed Services on behalf of our customers. We are looking for somebody with an excellent knowledge of deploying and maintaining applications and solutions in Cloud Platforms (AWS or Azure) and related technologies. DevOps experience, knowledge of ArcGIS and/or scripting skills would be advantageous.
The role provides opportunities to work with the latest Esri and cloud technologies and interact with a wide variety of customers across a range of industries including government, telcos, utilities and insurance, as well as supporting our Professional Services team across all sectors. You will be responsible for the deployment, monitoring of infrastructure and applications; detection, investigation and resolution of issues; whilst proactively contributing to the rapid evolution of our service offerings: developing standardised patterns and processes, automation, monitoring and reporting to improve quality and optimise our service levels to customers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an important and rapidly growing area of our business and to help shape how it operates, whilst helping to grow our ambitions around customer success.
The specific responsibilities of the role include:
- Build, manage and maintain infrastructure and applications in AWS (and other cloud platforms as required) to support Professional Services projects and Managed Services production environments
- Engage with Professional Services stakeholders to transition production systems from PS to Managed Services operations.
- Work with the Technical Support team to triage and resolve issues. Respond to problems by proactively investigating root cause and then identifying workarounds and resolutions.
- Work with the rest of the Managed Services team to proactively shape Managed Services offerings, processes, services and operations according to business and customer requirements
- Maintain and develop an excellent understanding of cloud platforms/operations and become a recognised subject matter expert in specific technologies and services
- Undertake research into the latest technology and IT trends and understand how this relates to Cloud offerings and Managed Services
You will ideally be educated to degree level or above in Geography, GIS or a Computer Science related subject. It would be beneficial to have at least two years’ post graduate experience working in a DevOps environment with cloud technologies; however, we would consider applicants who have less experience.
You should also have:
- Experience administering and managing enterprise solutions on AWS or Microsoft Azure cloud platforms
- Experience in scripting, automation or working in a DevOps role (desirable)
- A working knowledge of the ArcGIS Platform and hands-on experience of our product portfolio including ArcGIS Enterprise (desirable)
- An awareness of trends in the wider IT industry with an understanding of how they relate to Esri UK
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to think outside of the box when necessary
- The drive and motivation to work alone, but also the ability to participate as part of a wider team
- Effective and flexible time management with the ability to prioritise workload and deliver to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
If you are interested in exploring the above opportunity in more depth, please email your letter of application, expressing your suitability, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Wednesday 31st July 2019