There is an opportunity to join the ArcGIS Localisation Team (ALT) as a Product Engineer. ALT are responsible for developing, promoting and supporting both software and data products to help customers using the ArcGIS Platform, for example, tools to load the Ordnance Survey digital data. The primary role will be to support the development and release of these UK products, working closely with the Product Managers.
The main responsibilities will be:
- QA of product releases, where possible through the design and implementation of automated testing
- Providing support to our internal and external customers
- Management of environments for development and testing, including cloud environments in AWS and Azure
- Contributing to the documentation for products e.g. how to videos
In addition you will support the Product Managers in a range activities including:
- Contributing to the sales and marketing collateral for products e.g. blogs, videos, webinars
- Assisting with Product Releases
- Promoting our products and services, internally and externally
Over time you will become a SME (subject matter expert) in the products you are working with and will contribute ideas to the product backlog to influence the product roadmap. You will also build up experience of different approaches to testing and the tools available, to help improve our QA processes.
You will ideally be educated to degree level in a Computer Science or GIS related subject, or have one or more years' experience working in the IT industry with GIS or related technology.
The successful applicant will ideally have:
- Knowledge of the ArcGIS platform
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside of the box when necessary
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- An attention to detail and a concern for excellence
- A desire to learn
- An enthusiasm to contribute to the success of Esri UK’s localised products and services
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your CV and covering application to email@example.com by 31 August 2019