Through active research and innovation, our Technical Research team are helping to shape the future of the ArcGIS Platform.
We are looking to strengthen the team by appointing an additional Technical Research Consultant. The successful candidate will:
- Work with new release and prototype software, researching and effectively communicating often low-level technical concepts to differing levels of audience.
- Contribute to our innovation programme. Innovation projects help us to explore new ways of interacting with spatial data, further develop the core ArcGIS technology and provide immersive and engaging demos.
- Support the Esri Developer Programme, engaging and fostering relationships with students and developers at events, in person and online.
Our Technical Research team also design, build and deliver the opening plenary at the Esri UK Annual Conference in London. The event, attended by almost 3,000 GIS professionals, is the largest of its kind in the UK. Last year’s plenary can be seen here. Whether you see yourself centre stage or helping to keep the servers running in the wings, there’s a role for you!
You’d ideally be educated to degree level or above in a Computer Science or GIS related subject, or have 2 or more years’ experience working in the IT industry with GIS or related technology. The successful applicant will:
- Ideally have experience of developing contemporary web technologies and an understanding of core developer concepts such as object orientation, inheritance, modularity, as well as wider concepts such as IDEs, version control, virtualisation.
- Have a methodical and scientific approach to projects.
- An aptitude to think creatively; identifying innovative areas to exploit the benefits of GIS.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.Please note a willingness to travel and work at customer sites is an essential requirement of this role.
Candidates would ideally have a degree in an Engineering, Geographic Information Systems, or Computer Science discipline. We would also anticipate at least 2 years’ experience in a relevant role with hands-on experience of using the ArcGIS Platform. Experience of working in an Enterprise IT environment, with knowledge of Cloud (Amazon and Azure), Databases (Postgres, SQL, Oracle) and Security (certificates, Active Directory etc.) and/or automation (Python, Powershell etc.) would be considered advantageous, but is not essential.
Ideally you would also have:
- A passion for GIS and Enterprise IT
- An awareness of trends in the IT industry with an understanding of how they relate to GIS and Esri UK
- Strong organisational skills with drive and motivation to work alone; yet able to report and collaborate as part of a wider team
- Effective and flexible time management with the ability to prioritise workload and deliver to deadlines
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think outside of the box when necessary
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- An ability to build strong relationships with customers, partners and other key stakeholders.
If you are interested in exploring the above opportunity in more depth, please email your letter of application and CV to email@example.com. Your letter of application should detail why you want to join our organisation and what you want from a graduate role with us. Please include details of your expected salary package and give details of your availability both for interview and for employment if your application is successful.
No agencies please
About Esri UK
Esri UK is a privately held software company with offices in Aylesbury, Cambridge and Edinburgh. We act as the UK distributor for Esri Inc. based in Redlands, California who are the global market-leader in geographic information systems (GIS) software.
At Esri UK we believe that knowing where things happen matters to business. We help organisations make better decisions through the use and application of geographical information. Esri’s GIS technology inspires and enables governments, universities and businesses to save money, lives and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them. In addition to selling software we also have an extensive service capability providing Professional Services, Training and Technical Support to our customers.
We have a team ethos and our working environment is relaxed and informal, but you will be expected to work hard and help to make a difference. You will work with a wide range of the latest technologies and we actively encourage innovation.