Aylesbury, Cambridge, Edinburgh, or home based
We are looking for a web developer to work in our ArcGIS Localisation Team (ALT). This team is responsible for removing barriers to the take-up of the ArcGIS Platform in the UK by building innovative applications and services to help our customers get the most out of their investment in the Esri platform.
The primary application that you will be working on is Sweet a pioneering web editing solution that puts real time feedback and insight at the forefront of data input, exploration and editing. You will also be supporting our other web applications and contributing to future innovations.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Designing and developing software components, solutions and applications
- The second-line support and maintenance of software solutions
- Applying best software engineering and industry practice
- Quality assurance of software developed through unit, integration and systems testing and code reviews
- Producing technical documentation e.g. functional specifications, high level designs
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to technical policy for software engineering best practice
- Assisting with the management of Esri UK’s cloud infrastructure including monitoring
- Working directly with customers of our software products to understand their pains and contribute to the product roadmaps
- Working with Esri Inc to facilitate changes to the platform
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or other equivalent technical qualifications
- Experience of building responsive front end web applications
- A track record of writing well structured, well tested and maintainable code
- Experience writing cross browser compatible HTML/CSS
- An understanding of agile methodologies
- A solid understanding of software engineering good practice
- Good estimating skills and a track record of delivering to time and budget
- Good communication skills
- A desire to learn and to help others learn through mentoring
The following experience would be a bonus:
- Knowledge of the ArcGIS Platform and ArcGIS JS API
- Working with JS frameworks such as Angular
- Azure DevOps / AWS
- Node JS or any other backend development experience
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing a CV and a short statement on why you think you are suitable for the role. The closing date for applications is Sunday 01 September 2019.
The interviews will consist of a short telephone interview which if successful will then be followed by an assessment centre in Aylesbury week commencing 16 September 2019.
No agencies please
About Esri UK
Esri UK is a privately held software company with offices in Aylesbury, Cambridge and Edinburgh. We act as the UK distributor for Esri Inc. based in Redlands, California who are the global market-leader in geographic information systems (GIS) software.
At Esri UK we believe that knowing where things happen matters to business. We help organisations make better decisions through the use and application of geographical information. Esri’s GIS technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses to save money, lives and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
In addition to selling software we also have an extensive services capability providing Professional Services, Training and Technical Support to our customers. We have a friendly team ethos and our work is both exciting and rewarding, but you will be expected to work hard and help to make a difference.