Making IoT come to life through real-time GIS
We are moving rapidly to an ever more connected world and the opportunities for the Telecommunications industry are significant, from new connectivity offerings based on dedicated IoT infrastructure to participating in the data market and the creation of new applications. At the core, since everything happens somewhere and all the things in the IoT have a place, location information is pivotal to maximising the potential and in particular to transforming raw data into valuable, actionable intelligence.
Vision Zero is a worldwide initiative aimed at reducing fatalities or injuries involving road traffic. This web-based application was created to show real time data in 3D using traffic camera feeds to provide residents, planners and authorities with the information needed to improve street safety.
Why location matters
Why the Internet of Things will drive radical change in the telecommunications industry. This ebook is the essential guide to assist telecommunications businesses understand how to leverage location information and utilise it as the key to realising potential revenue streams from the IoT.
NEWS & BLOGS
- Geospatial technology will be at the heart of the IoT Big Data analysis
- Esri UK Telecoms Blog
- Blockchain evolves into geoblockchain
- IoT sensors, advanced Esri mapping and Alexa warn residents of impending floods
- How location technology and IoT data are transforming business
- Esri and Mobileye offer real-time blind-spot detection data