My mission is to ensure that Esri is at the vanguard of open standards initiatives, making GIS interoperable with systems employed across Government
Adam is responsible for the technical delivery of Esri solutions across all Central and Local Government customers. He ensures that Government users get the most out of their investment in software, by exploiting the full range of capabilities available. He also has a constant eye on the return on investment equation, “I love finding those simple, easy things that customers can do to create lots of value, for a relatively small amount of effort”.
Adam is a natural problem solver, comfortable tackling strategic issues of national importance or hands-on, deep in the technical details. Esri Inc’s product development teams regularly leverage Adam’s expertise, consulting him for input on product improvements.
He is passionate about the power of data analytics, reminding us that many organisations predominately use GIS for simple data visualisation. “My greatest frustration is the wealth of valuable data that could be working to improve front-line services or organisational performance, yet remains unused, even though it probably appears on the organisation’s maps on a daily basis”. Adam helps those organisations think differently about the role of GIS, helping them see GIS as a system of insight, “These days, organisations largely know where things are. We can help them know why those things are where they are”.
With responsibility for technical governance, mentoring and training of Solution Architects, Senior Consultants, GIS Consultants and Embedded Product Specialists, Adam is instrumental in the creation of high functioning teams. With Adam providing project oversight, clients are assured of consistent quality of delivery, to the highest technical standards.
- Led the geospatial stream of a five-year, £200m transformation program at a UK national utility, replacing multiple systems and processes with a core of four systems and a single operational process.
- Performed systems architectural reviews of for many Local Government authorities, delivering each one with a roadmap for better use of the latest ArcGIS capabilities.
- Coordinated technical delivery of all project-based work for a major UK transport provider, giving technical and governance guidance.
- Broad understanding of UK public sector policies, drivers, constraints and standards; and how those are implemented within GIS and IT environments.
- A wealth of knowledge of the diversity of Enterprise IT and Cloud systems and the roles played by GIS technology as a part of the overall solution.
- Deep insight into the ArcGIS platform and its application, including the latest functionality such as web services, enterprise databases, managed and cloud services and service oriented architectures.
- Evidence based – seeks out the facts in support of any important decision.
- Trusted advisor – provides an honest appraisal, always giving both the pros and the cons.
- Engages at every level, from CIO to management to developers.
- MEng Electrical and Information Science
- Certified Scrum Master
- TOGAF 9 qualified
- BCS Enterprise and Solutions Architecture Practitioner